Storytime... (KISS)

...the twisted little way I have of writing...

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Assignment 02

J/ Describe your expectations for this class. What do you expect this class to be? What is influencing your perceptions of this class? What do you want to leave this class knowing? What are your goals for the class? What are you looking forward to in the class? What are you nervous about? What is the most important change you want to see in yourself or your writing that you think this course could foster?

ok this is going to read like a laundry list because I've already written a shit ton for over three hours per day on this today and yesterday and I have homework for six other classes to get to. So here goes:

Expectations for this class:
I expect this class to drill me about my unique style and how I should change it to conform and rthis I fear because I like my style and it is not going to change, I don't want to fail so I'll fake it, but my uniqueness is not going to change... I don't think. I also expect; and this is the good part, to be drilled on editing and how to do better and be more productive with it. Ihope this class will gain for me a better understending of terminology, what is considered right or wrong in formally writing creatively and I hope to gain a better understanding of the ebb and flow of sereotypal "good writing." It is not my intention to have said stereotypical writing, just to understand it and to understand better how to create it.
Expect this class to be:
Long and tiring, a pain in the ass with the tendency to redeem itself by allowing me to enjoy and better my writing.
Influencing Perceptions:
The professor is definently influencing my perceptions about this course as she seems an odd one and a manipulative one and a freee spirit, though a bit more ridgid than I it is nice to find someone like myself from time to time and I believe that due to her this course will be helpful, interesting, fun, a challenge, and informative. I just hope she doesn't go too fast for me, I understand her hooking methods but am a bit slower on the uptake due to my overly analytical nature.
Leave this class knowing:
I hope to leave this class knowing better.
Goals for this class:
My goals for this class are to better understand and to be acle to back up my claim of "I did that on purpose" with the proper terminology. Because as often as I do things on purpose, people rarely believe me when I say it was choice.
Looking forward to:
I'm looking forward to working on, editing and linking the plots of my stories hich I've been writing and editing and trying to get right for years. They are thematically all part of the same tale they just don't fit together or flow right yet.
Nervous about:
I'm nervous about being told what to do and how to do it, I'd rather hear this is what these types do and why and how tey do it. Most importantly I'm afraid of not knowing why, not understanding and then being told I'm dumb for not having done as I was told.
Important Change for this class to foster:
I hope this class changes in me my inability to sit down and write every day. I've been tryng to for years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter download
Tracker Raven