Storytime... (KISS)

...the twisted little way I have of writing...

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Lesson 1 - Style/Clarity

First Lesson year in review:
I was never quite so good at annotation and the like, so this will be done to the best of my ability: in brevity.
The chapter, which opened with quotes in writing, clarity and style, focused more specifically and in detain on the problems inherent with writing: namely clarity and the curse there-of. It went into a kind of history lesson in presenting both sides of the coin on the whole "is style more important than clarity?" debate. Style here being one of the hardest habbis to break free from and which originally meant wordy and complex in structure and nature.
Ultimately, or so I got from this chapter is the fact that a writer must always be concious or and conformant to their adience in accordance with their purpose.
Hope that's long enough. It was either that or copy word for word everything I highlighted and those of you who've seen my highlighting know: no one wants to re-read the chapter here... Long and the short of it is this: I suck at paraphrasing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter download
Tracker Raven