Storytime... (KISS)

...the twisted little way I have of writing...

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Today's lesson: Intolerance is Love

Today's lesson:
Intolerance is love...
Reprimanding a child, insisting they not smoke because it is bad for their health and refusing to let that child do something which is harmful to them is love.
Now here's the thought:
When my mother insisted I think for myself and make my own decisions (good or bad) was that intolerance? No! Does that mean that she didn't love me?
Her not letting me join the drama club, (something which was enjoyable, engaging and beneficial to my disposition as a developing young mind) was this somehow an example of intolerance and love?
Was she an uninformed parent who did not know what this intolerance of the bad, tough love, and the importance of being firm was...
Or did she take it to such an extreme as to think that allowing her chile to engage in public speaking practices at a young age would corrupt her child?
If this was the case...
Why did she take me to the Carnival, drop me off, telling me to go get a job?
Were Carney Folk somehow better than the School's Drama department?

So thinking for myself as she had taught me, in an atmosphere of corruption (entertaining the masses at that) for a paycheck was somehow more agreeable in her mind than learning to be comfortable with the idea of performing as trained to by a federally regulated organization for the recompense of donations to a public institution dedicated to the benefit and betterment and protection of children...

No wonder I'm so screwed up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter download
Tracker Raven