Storytime... (KISS)

...the twisted little way I have of writing...

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Why Good Writing Cannot be Taught

1) Write a brief persuasive essay (5-8 paragraphs) on "Why you can or cannot teach someone how to be a good writer". Include at least one argument from all of the following: the heart, from values, from character, and from reason. You may also include logical fallacies if you think they will be effective in helping you persuade your reader. Identify each "appeal" [argument from... and fallacies] immediately you use it like with brackets and in a different color [like I am doing now]. Be sure to identify your audience before you write your essay. (i.e. Audience: Dr. Malesh OR Audience: The Chronicle of Higher Education OR Audience: My Mother to whom I am explaining why I got a "C" in my writing class).

Ok first off let me note that I hate this topic, I do not agree with it, I do not think it is true and I am currently trying to find a way of proving that you can teach a person to write by arguing the opposite... Currently getting a blank though. I will have to come back to this later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter download
Tracker Raven