Storytime... (KISS)

...the twisted little way I have of writing...

Saturday, March 11, 2006

The alarm went off and I thought...

I wanted to write down the idea before I forgot it. I'll edit it later.

Waking up to the screaming, the sound of the electricity buzzing, I'm on the chopping block now and I can't stop the buzzing. The alarm goes off again telling me I should move on. As I shift my position and wait my turn longer I pale to think I should wait longer. I want to break free, I want to run, but here I am trapped and gone. I blindly follow those who've gone before me, it pains me to wait here like them.

 

revisited 3-13-06:

The Intangible freedom.
The image in my mind, crisp, vivid, inescapable. I'm in line, it's death row embodied. The electric chair awaits me. I close my eyes; visions of running, I try the door, it's locked. The line looms before me; my position shifts; the buzz sound, and I'm another two steps closer. Visions again, I slam into the bars in a desperate attempt to pass beyond them and be free. The buzzing sound and the vivid light. My closed eyes cannot keep me protected from the pain, the sound, the light of another body charring. That smell. Two more shuffled steps closer. Tears flow; what did I do to deserve this? The buzzing sound and the smell of flesh singed. Two more steps. I shuffle along. I'm waiting my turn. I look at the window, bars; bars everywhere! If I can stall, if I can trick them, make the wait last longer, maybe I'll be able to prevent it from happening, one more day, that's all I need. I need the chance to get out of here. Buzz-burn-two-step. Cows in a line, lined up for the slaughter. Wanting nothing more than to escape this dream. Buzz-burn-two-step... nightmare. I'm sitting here incapable of moving, incapable of escaping. I'm screaming inside, trying to wake myself up and the servitude we all share in this... Buzz-burn-two-step... world... I cannot get out! I cannot get away! Screaming, Buzz-burn-two-step, screaming!
I want to break free, I want to run, but here I am trapped and gone. I blindly follow those who've gone before me, it pains me to wait here like them.
Vivid. Inescapable. Incapable. I'm incapable.
The intangible Buzz-burn-two-step...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter download
Tracker Raven