Storytime... (KISS)

...the twisted little way I have of writing...

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

An Edit of a Poem...

It was originally called "Can You See Me Now?" but no one gets it so I'm dumbing it down and I'm changing the name.

TV Lives:

Voices like pillars white-hard and static. White-snow.
Blinking I glance a moment of laughter, pain, clown-face,
Scream of horror; Violins singing their eerie secrets,
The memory of the sound lingering, fading, haunting
Tink, thud, plop, a stone traveling down the gorges
Red-rocked hell the well, dark oblivion. Motionless, weightless,
Sightless. Soundless rippling pattern. Watch disturbance spread.
Soft flakes of ice floating, settling upon one another
Perverse dance of self-preservation. Melding with others.
Encase yourself in a protective shield of flesh,
Cannibalistic in nature; Feed on the failings of others.
Protect me, be my shield, die for me for I am no better than you.
Locked inside the tombe watching the suffering of others
On the white-snow screen of life, fading. Wasting life,
Learning nothing, Snow behind glass. Imagined messages from God.
I've been standing here too long. Staring at this garbage.
A cast-aside TV. Black heap of box, glass, and buttons.
Shining on in the eyes of too many others.
Walk along further towards the sea-shore, the forest, the war.
Life is in a book somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter download
Tracker Raven