Storytime... (KISS)

...the twisted little way I have of writing...

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Hand me your overcoat, let me wear your image once.

Would you take off my overcoat
Would you hand me a beer
Would you lend me a cigarette
I don't want to offend you.
Because I fear you my dear.
There're so many things I wonder now.
That I haven't said before.
How is it that you drown that night
Why is it that I care
Would you take off your overcoat
Would you put down that beer
Too many lousy cigarettes
Does it hurt you to see my fears.
Well I hope to annoy you
And I really hope I offend.
Hope it pains you to see me this way,
Like it pains me to see you alone.
So my darling speak to me And tell me I'm the only one
Or see me, forever, like I've seen you so long
See yourself in the mirror for once.
Would you hand me another beer.
And look at me.


Would you hand me my overcoat.
I don't want to offend you anymore.
But sit down and let's talk awhile,
Darling come sit next to me here on the floor.
There’s plenty of room to talk about...
Plenty time left to regret.
No I don't and didn't lie to you
We never shared that bliss.
You see I liked being yours alone,
But please quit calling me your whore.
You were the devil on display those days...
You were mine, I was yours.
It was so easy to remember things.
You were drunk and I was sober,
We were young, and now we're over, older now.
So please hand me that look of yours,
The one I used to tell you were High.
Pass on that drunken cloud to me,
Because I missed my chance, I blew it,
Now it's my turn to drink, and smoke, and lie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter download
Tracker Raven