Storytime... (KISS)

...the twisted little way I have of writing...

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Part Three: Dad's Perspective

She was screaming, I tried to reason with her, but she wouldn't even try to hear me. "Honey, please," I begged her "She's a good kid, she was raised right." I ushered her out of the room, so at least our daughter wouldn't see us fighting. I knew our daughter, she had a good head on her shoulder; she knew right from wrong, and she knew to do the right thing. She knows it! "All kids get into tough situations, it doesn't mean she's succumbing to the pressures. You can't assume..." She hit me.
"Dear, please. You're being irrational, you're being too hasty." She shoved me against a wall, all the while she was screaming, all the while I feared for our duaghter's life. All the while I knew, some how, some way, when this was all over with, I knew I was going to lose her. I was afraid. I wanted to get her out of the house. I wanted to get her away from the kid before she did something brash. I took steps towards her "Easy Dear, calm down, give her the benefit of the dobut..." She screamed things, assumptions, she talked about hiding and lies. I snappd... "Lies? Lies!" I yelled. Hollering, it seemed was the only thing left that would get through to that woman. "You want to talk about lies? What about those broken promises you made to her, what about all the lieing you did to her face, going behind her back! What about when we met? Lieing to your parents, going behind their backs, going around behind mine! Some nerve you have, projecting your life story onto her, she hasn't done those things, you have, get over it!" Wide-eyed she was staring at me, I could see the gears turning in her head, this was either really good or really bad. I went on yelling. "How can you condemn her for supposedly doing what it is that you yourself did for a fact? Where's the proof you have that she's done any of it. You can't prove she's like you. I know she isn't, she's smarter than that!" A lamp flew past my head and shattered against the wall. I had to keep this woman away from our child. ...

To be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter download
Tracker Raven