Storytime... (KISS)

...the twisted little way I have of writing...

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Pepermint sticks

Soft and sweet
I ask you dear:
Do you love me?
yes or no.

Surrender to me,
my sweet love,
tell me that
you're near.

And if I falter
tell me dearie
what I've done
to harm

My love, only
you to hold me
protect me from
this storm

Sweet as candy
softly, slowly,
deftly I am
yours

Child of nine
I hold you tightly
You're my only love

___________________

So there is no rhyme or reason as to why we think what we do or why some writers can tell you what they're writing before it's written while others cannot. I was writing as a character in love with soft peppermint sticks. I failed to write that, but instead I wrote as a parent or something of the sort who loves and cherished a nine year old child. Children, candy, close enough. But the notion still remains in my brain. I cannot shake the feeling that I can never seem to write what I mean to.

I am soothed by the thought however; that at least what I do write is sometimes pretty.

PS: A big thanks to Tina for giving me soft peppermint sticks and a big thanks to Candy Minx for visiting and reading my blog. Your comments and contributions are greatly appreciated!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger Candy Minx said…

    HI!!!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog...okay, what you need to do is now listen...I am a tecno peasant, I have no idea what I am doing here okay but this is how I got a "tracker"

    There are tons of options on line for free. I use one my friend suggested...go to google and type in "exztreme tracker" you answer a couple of simple questions, and a form and then copy and paste some html that is given to you and then go to your bloogger dashboard and click on the template and load it into your blog.

    Pleaase forgive my directions as I am not familiar with technical terms particularily.

    Good luck! I try to visit everyone who comes to make comments on my blog and I respond to their comments to. I treat it just like a living room or a meeting place, same kind of manners...and sometimes you cans ee what blogs have been or recommended or linked to you.

    You can also try technorati...I just signed up to it because it gives you "rank" of sorts to what link you have etc. It's highly addictive...but the good side it's not all ego like "who reads me" its a really fune ffective way of meeting others and checking out their blogs.

    I hope you meet some cool people have lots of interesting reading and discussions and find new ways of thinking.

    Cheers,
    Candy

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger Candy Minx said…

    Oh then once you load the html into your template it will show up on your blog as a little dark square with a planet...when you click on it...it will take you to a list with options for other lists with all kinds of info. I am addicted to making word search lists. Um, you can put it just below your "powered by blogger" html logo if you like. Because I didn't know what I was doing, mine is very inconveniently located at the very bottom of my blog, heh heh, I am always learning...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter download
Tracker Raven