Storytime... (KISS)

...the twisted little way I have of writing...

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Post for 3-18-06: Jealousy

A poem I worked and re-worked for a couple hours the other day. It's still pretty bad, but it feels better than it was.

Jealousy
By: Shannon Hollender

I know your taste well
I breathe deply your Poison, your pain
It’s as if your image, your way
becomes me and
I try to rid myself of the
Beauty that is you
Your influence Your touch
Burns away my whole and leaves
Me without wit. Confounded.
I am confined, content to keep you
To hold your warmth,
Wanting desperately to throw you
your beauty your influence, your poison
from my life
Away, Be gone, and leave me no more
But you, thrown, Still are here
at my feet. Weeping; Wanting.
And though I know you are bad for me
I want for you, I breathe you deep
And will not banish from my mind
Others just as kind.
And I hope your favour to find
Mine alone Evermore

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter download
Tracker Raven