Storytime... (KISS)

...the twisted little way I have of writing...

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Poem for class

Shannon Hollender
Prof. Heroy
Assn 07-1 Poem on
Write a Scary Poem
Exercise(pg104)
Due 4-25-06


Sweet Embrace

The tears running the trail of my flesh,
A path of cheek to finger, hand to arm beyond
Rivers of blurry pain flow through open gashes;
The blood dripping, muddied salt-waters
Down my face, down my hands; the floor
Below me cherishes each succulent stain,
I have you now and always will. Don’t leave
Your heart is needed here to throb;
Your pain you shove into me, I do not like
This breathless existence, panting, heaving
I held you close in sweet embrace,
Arms encircle desperate around you,
Your smell and limp body heavy;
I kissed your face but now you're gone
I lye here silent still. A grave.
Perverse pleasure this game we play,
You leave, You scream, You hurt,
I scream, I hurt, I leave.
We both betray.
We cry.
And all the while birds are singing,
And the knife keeps swinging,
Hug me, hold me,
Blade cut closely,
My only love,
Goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter download
Tracker Raven