Storytime... (KISS)

...the twisted little way I have of writing...

Sunday, January 28, 2007

one of the guys - analysis

I wanted so desperately to be one of the guys again. I walked towards the group and they welcomed me like one of their own, but the conversations were dry. I didn't fit in anymore. I wanted to.
It had been forever since I'd felt the bliss of having a good time. It was like mirth had labeled my path "do not cross - quarantine" No surprise, I don't think I would recognise a good time if it bit me on the ass. Part of it was these people, I wanted to have a good time with them, and because I hadn't seen them in so long, I forgot what a good time was. And the other part was that we just weren't the same people, at least I wasn't and while some are stuck in time, none of us really has a good time like we used to anymore.
I stared down at my feet and the ground beneath them. There used to be grass here, it used to be greener. Now the bit of the world I stand on is so dry, so dead, I felt like the dirt beneath our feet. I don't belong here.
They asked me why I walked away, I didn't even say goodbye, what was there to say goodbye to, we were already dead, the past we clung to was already so far behind us. No one here was the same. Why say goodbye to a bunch of strangers, we hadn't even met.
Years ago they would have picked me up and broungt me back and we would have wrestled and laughed and ...And no one was the same way anymore. I walked off in silence. All that... all that history, all that joy. Over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter download
Tracker Raven