Storytime... (KISS)

...the twisted little way I have of writing...

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Parents: The Anti-Drug... My Ass!

She kept discovering things that weren't there. Constantly I was berated because she was seeing me "sneaking about" everywhere she went. Apparently I was the one with a drug problem.
I'm 20 years old and I'm relieved to no longer be living with my paranoid overprotective mother. I've never in my life done any drugs (except for aspirin and prescriptions according to the recommended dosage) yet according to her I was the biggest user/abuser in the county.
She thought I was screwing all my friends and called them all the kind of people you warn your kids about. I could take the insults and the berating, but when she insulted my friends, good, honest, caring people; I began to crack. She wouldn't even let me go to the funeral of one of my dearest friends after he died in a tragic car accident! That was the only occasion I ever deliberately disobeyed her and skipped school, to attend his funeral.
According to her and I snuck out every night, and most every day. I had never left my bed throughout those fearful, sleepless nights. I was always so scared of her and what she was going to think and say next. I was afraid of her THOUGHTS! I'm a Psyc. Major in college now and I can tell you that that's not healthy or normal. She had me going to a psychiatrist and a social worker to "cure my drug problems" and to "help me overcome all my 'problems'" and even My Psychiatrist said She was the one who was nuts.
She was driving me nuts in the process.
Her accusations and paranoid lapses made me out to be a whore and an addict. This was a huge shot to the gut of my self-esteem and eventually to the rest of my life. I'm working really hard to correct my now paranoid, bi-polar and fearful nature.
In actuality I got straight A's until I started to crack. When that happened, the accusations got worse. It was a snowball effect, she'd accuse and I'd feel betrayed by truth itself, you can't trust that you know the truth and that the simple facts will be apparent. She'd always said she knew I was lying by the look on my face and I never was lying. I felt hopeless.
Once she found parsley in my bag, actual parsley, I can't cook and my friend was teaching me how to during our study-hall. I was going to make a great dish for my mom, maybe show her that I was really the good kid she didn't think I was. She assumed it was Marijuana and flushed it. She drug me to a counselor that night and proceeded to scream at me for an hour feeling justified. Nothing I could say would have changed her mind, so I sat there quietly taking the verbal beating while she felt like it was her right and obligation to get upset.
You never can be too sure. And now I've got some pretty severe problems because my over-protective mom did what you all think is "the right thing."
I beg you, please listen, don't say a word and just listen for a week. Not from behind closed doors, but to their face, listen and just once believe them. We're not all bad, rebellious teens. Some of us are just scared of you.
And I'm still scarred, trying to heal.

Feel free to contact me:
I'll even let you meet the family.

I don't want to remain anonymous!

AHinQuestion@Yahoo

Shannon Hollender

"Thank goodness for the kind of friend who will quietly listen to you then help you make it through" - Here's to you Mikey, If it weren't for you I'd be in that grave, with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter download
Tracker Raven