Storytime... (KISS)

...the twisted little way I have of writing...

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Homework for today

Shannon Hollender
Prof. Heroy
Assn 08-1 Poem on
Cat Poem Exercize (pg 167)
Due 4-27-06


1. Morning

First I
arose to the
morning;

dew hung
on me, I
shook it off

and yawning
I reached
beyond my shell

and slowly
I crept
out of bed.


2. The Itch

I felt
a prickling
sensation

in the back
of my neck
and reaching

first over
one shoulder
then over
the other

I finally
scratched
the itch.


3. A Rat

As it was
my duty
I scampered

around looking
and finally
told her

there was not
a single mouse
in this
house

ignoring
my friends
under the bed

and
under
the sofa.


4. The Snail

I watched him
peek his slimy
head

first one
elongated eye
then cautiously

the other
glistening
out form
under

his shell and
he began
to show

himself
and then to
creep carefully,

slowly along
the leaf leaving
his putrid trail.


5. To Hop

I liked the
feeling of
the pressure

in my legs
as I spring
quickly

easily gliding
into the smooth
and weightless
air

and finally
I loved
landing

sometimes heavy,
sometime hard,
usually softly

miles from
where
I was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter download
Tracker Raven