Storytime... (KISS)

...the twisted little way I have of writing...

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

My example monkies are roman!

Ok so here's the background:
I was sitting in class minding my own notes when my brain decided to take a fieldtrip based on something the professor said. His comment was: The romans seemed obsessed with the number three. Anytime they wanted to seem authoratative they cited examples, subdivisions or categories in threes. ...
This got me thinking about what I do every time I try to exemplify, clarify or justify anything I have to say. Or even when I'm rambling... I have the tendency to give my examples in threes as well. Was it something I was trained to do as a child? 35% of what we do "unconciously" we learned was the "right" thing to do when we were children, 68% of what most people say when they try to sound authoratative is based on what their elders did or taught them about (83.5% of statistics are made up on the spot)... Meanwhile I tried to think of why Ido this... Perhaps advanced, ingrained, thoroughly beaten training from years of childhood "preperation" for "big-kid talk" perhaps it's just one of my idiosyncrasies, perhaps it is the influence of all the Shakespeare I read when I was younger...
My mind said to this concept: Nah!
It's what the monkies in my head tell me to do. Hell it's what they do for me. There's my mind, and in my mind is the examples department - it's run by monkies which explains why sometimes my examples are intelligble and sometimes they are asrandom as poop flung on the wall.... I'll leave you alone for a moment with that imagery... let the smell waft and fill the expanses of yout empty-room for a skull imagination... there now that I no longer have a single person reading this, let me finish it... Poo.
Seriously though. Apparently the reason why my example monkies always fling things at me in threes isn't because there are three up there, in fact there are twenty-seven pairs (the perfect bare-minimum for a breeding population) but it's because they are Roman and therefore are obsessed with exemplifying, clarifying and justifying in threes.
Therefore, by no deduction of logic whatsoever - the example monkies in my head are Roman!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Shadow Dancer said…

    Interesting...explains why the gremlin, monkey and demon in my mind all wear togas. The three of them get together and help me out and i have always wanted to know why they were wearing togas.... for that matter why there was three of them any way... so i thank you for clearing that up for me .....problem is now my gremlin, monkey and demon have gone clothes shopping

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter download
Tracker Raven