Storytime... (KISS)

...the twisted little way I have of writing...

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

A Needle Injection

Shannon Hollender
Prof. Heroy
Assn 01-1 Class Poem
Due 4-6-06

Getting a Needle Injection

I remember being poised,
Like standing at the edge of the cliff
Blackberry bushes beneath me,
Bending for sweet air.
I turned, Mother’s voice ringing
“Stop your whining!”
Clouds out the window, soothe me.
My head whirs as I totter,
At the edge I kick off
And climb towards the height of my
Misery.

• • •

Originally:

Like a Needle Injection
I remember being poised, standing at the edge of the cliff
Blackberry bushes beneath me, bending for sweet air.
I turned, Mother’s voice ringing
Stop your whining
Clouds out the window soothe me.
My head whirs as I totter, at the edge
I kick off
and climb towards the height of my
misery.


• • •

Word list: Cliff, Blackberry, Needle, Cloud, Voice, Mother, Whir, Kick or Lick

I did not know the eight word line limit, I did not know to use only five of the words, I did not know the ten line limit. But I tried.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter download
Tracker Raven