Storytime... (KISS)

...the twisted little way I have of writing...

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Stepping on Toes (2nd version)

I hear the sweep-brooms sweeping, like the enemy lines fast approaching; and you sweep me off my seat. As the screen flickered, most of the remaining bodies scurried away...
Us in our dark corner, like enemies in the fox-holes, stale pop-corn crunching like dead bees under our feet. We smile at each other, sideways glances, we are Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh in our moments of standoffish irresistibility. Your eyes show mine that flash of mischief. Starry and deviant. I'm bashful, you're brave. I tremble like a virgin being touched. But your palms are sweaty. You are deceitful. I hug you tight, my ear I hold close to your chest, your heart is beating as fast as the tango-beat in my feet.
We kiss.
For ages we kiss, moments and ages. You move, I linger, humming-birds on daffodils; tasting, savoring your sweet taste; Our slow penetration. You slowly pull away but your lips remain at mine. Gummy Bears and chocolate, sweet and sticky. We cling to each other in our crude dance of stepping on toes and coordinated bumbling. Your arm closed tightly around my back; Our bodies sweating in passion's sweet embrace.
Your hand holds mine, lifts, and I move. The room spins. The flicker of the projector, the flash of your smile.
You hold me close, two bodies moving as one. Stars in your eyes you smirk and tell me I've done it. Here in the theatre, for the first time, I'm waltzing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter download
Tracker Raven