Storytime... (KISS)

...the twisted little way I have of writing...

Friday, April 07, 2006

One Day...

~One day! One Day! One day away!!!
~I turn 21 tomorrow and I'm so excited.
:I'm so apprehensive.
~I want to get there and be 21 and do all the things that I couldn't do before!
:But why?... I've never done them before and never wanted to.
~There'll be respect from my parents!
:Like there ever was... so one day can make a difference, a two digit number can cure ass-hole-ery?
~She'll see me as a full-fledged adult and will no longer treat me as a child!
:To quote: "I'll never be your friend, I'm your mother."
~She'll be able to see me as both now; and all will be cohesive!
:Sudden cohesion, be sure to report that to the natural sciences foundation, I'm sure the'd like to study the first case ever of the passive mule.
~Bells will ring and choirs will sing... life will have a right foot to start off on!
:To be accurate they will be singing the night prior and it will be a requiem.
~Life will not succumb to negativity because I'll be 21!
:Because negativity takes a back seat to a specific number. 9 + 11 + 01 = 21
~If I will myself to have a good day, I will have a good day! Basic theory of optimism!
:Here, let me will myself to get an A+ on that paper I turned in yesterday.
~It's about seeing the bright side of things!
:It's about being afraid of there being no bright side.
~It's about talking up a good game, and doing what you can to make things work!
:It's about realizing you're an unwilling player at a game without rules, you're playing against cheaters and rats and no matter what you do you can only make things worse.
~It's about calculating risks, and taking chances, succeeding because you never gave up!
:Then being miserable because of the failures that happen reguardless of how hard you worked, how accurately you calculated, or how much you sacrificed. It's about ultimately losing reguardless of what 'milestones' you pass along the way.
~It's about hope?!
:Hope for a new outlook on life, because yours is broken and bound to lead you to nothin' but a world of dissappointment and hurt. Face it; you have now officially lost any chance you had at enjoying the thrill of being young. You're no longer the you you could have been, you no longer have the excuses, and you are no longer going to be a member of that class of idiots who answer to the call of 'fun'. You no longer have a right to 'harmless pranks', and what's worse, out of this deal - you don't even get respect from your elder. You lose. Hope for something else.
~...But... but tomorrow is supposed to be a good day...
:Cry me a river. Loser.
~...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter download
Tracker Raven