Storytime... (KISS)

...the twisted little way I have of writing...

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Lady in the water

There was a look in her eyes as I Passed her by. She was the last thing I saw. Now I wonder. School that day was like any other day. I left early... too late to eat breakfast, too early to see the sun yet. And I jumped on my bike and headed down the road. It's a fifteen minute ride to the school and another five minute walk to my classroom. I only had thirteen minutes 'til school began. I ate my toast as I dodged Ol' Whitner's dogs and I slid under the fence to cut through Stancy's Orchard. That usually saves me five minutes. I shoulda gone around the old thicket of trees. There's a pond down there that ya never can know how high it is or how solid the ground will be but I needed to save two more minutes and it takes at least three to go around. So I charged don the knoll and pedaled real fast to gain more speed. By gosh I was gonna make it through no matter how bad the ground was down there. I knew how to handle my bike. I was good at it been handling since I was three... The mud... The Muck... I didn't get hung up... nothin’ but a branch that reddened my shin. I dodged every rock and tree. And was almost through. The big black tree, at least twenty stories tall, meant I was just about at the road again, I knew it real well. It was ugly and covered in dark green and brown moss. I liked it a lot. It was about three feet off from where the water's edge usually is and was today. I dodged to the left where the ground is clearer and as I passed the tree I looked over at the water. Frogs and fish and a couple of plants are usually what I see, I like ‘em that’s why I look. But this time I saw a lady in blue and it looked like she was bathing, combing her hair or something. She was all shimmery and I stared. I hit a bump cuz I wasn't watchin' and it threw me off a bit. I pedaled to regain control and came up over the mound into the road. I looked back at her again but she was gone... That's when the truck hit me.
They told me I may never see again. But the Lady in the water, I swear I saw her, I still see her and that look in her eyes, aqua blue eyes with a touch of gold to her. She glowed she was so pretty. She was there and that's all I remember.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter download
Tracker Raven