Storytime... (KISS)

...the twisted little way I have of writing...

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Can You See Me Now?

Can You See Me Now?

Lost in the din, Voices like pillars white-hard and static. White-snow.
The television screen of my life flips channel to channel
Blinking I glance a moment of laughter, of pain, of clown-face and scream of horror
Only to lose it again, Like violins singing their eerie secrets,
The memory of the sound lingering, fading, haunting
As the screen continues to show me gray. Perpetual attentive waiting.
Tink, thud, plop, a stone traveling down into the gorges of red-rocked hell
The well is its dark oblivion, and motionless, weightless, sightless, soundless,
The ripples show me their pattern. I watch disturbance spread.
Soft flakes of ice float in the wind and settle upon one another
A perverse dance of self-preservation. Melding with others.
Snow-flakes like people encase themselves in a protective shield of others
Cannibalistic in nature, we feed ourselves on the failings of others.
Protect me, be my shield of flesh, die for me for I am no better than you.
Lock me inside my tombe. I'll watch the suffering of others
On the white-snow screen of my life, fading.
And without another thought I'll waste your life and mine
Learning nothing and watching the snow behind glass.
Imagining it is a message from God.
I've been standing here too long. Staring at their garbage.
I wonder why those people threw out their TV.
Black heap of box, glass, and buttons.
You shine on in the eyes of too many others.
I walk along further towards the sea-shore, the forest, the war.
My life is in a book somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter download
Tracker Raven