Storytime... (KISS)

...the twisted little way I have of writing...

Monday, July 10, 2006

Eyeing me...

He had such big beautiful eyes and I swore they analyzed my soul. My every thought and emotion, my movements were his own. He took my hand and kissed it and I for a moment lost track of time, who I was, where I was. He was my world, my pleasure, he is my pain, and I'd only just met him. As we stepped off the staircase the floor crept into its corner, shy of our feet we stood instead on each other's own attentions. He stared at my hands at my sides, counted my careful breathing and I lifted my weapon. He could see my every movement coming. All I could do was wait for him to stop me. He did. I swung, first gentle, Swung short, then wide, he met me in my slow ballet of emulsified fury. I smelled the grass a moment and realized it was spring. Sharp pains on the backs of my knees... Distraction and I was nose to nose with the dandelions. He had a talent for that, getting me on the ground, though if I'd had it my way I'd have been on my back. I longed for his touch, instead I felt the sharp and jeering painful thwack of his every attack. I rolled and heard him hit ground instead of flesh. His moment of distraction comes when he thinks he's winning. His flaw was always relaxing at the thought of "succeeding". I curled and kicked him; landed square in the stomach and he curled. I'm no fighter, more of a flier given the chance. I smiled at him falling back. Those big eyes I loved, full of tears. Sprinting, I was on my feet and headed for the door... and he saw me. Bolting for the door, we both paced each other in our sprints. Brakes... Brakes...!
I stopped short and instead made for the gravel pit. It wasn't where he thought I'd run, so I had a few seconds on him... time to think... It was a mistake. As soon as I got to the gravel he hit me with a running tackle that laid me horizontal mid-air and I skinned my knee while shredding my skirt. I looked over my shoulder at him. Blood was on my bare shin, everywhere he’d touched. It wasn't my blood. He'd somehow taken a serious hit from me. I smiled at him wincing and as he grabbed my arms I fell limp to his sharp pulling. I never could move in his grasp. Whether weakness in comparison to his strength or that schoolgirl weakness that gets every young heart... I suppose one can guess. I looked in his fiery eyes and smiled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter download
Tracker Raven