Storytime... (KISS)

...the twisted little way I have of writing...

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

into the closet it went

Just what is this damn thing, I feel it I see it, in moments it is gone and I pursue it. Self-loathing, for my self-dobut, I do not know whether it is there or whether my imagination has again gotten the better of me. Am I so odd? Am I so eccentric? I feel it taunts me and for being so self centered. Yet I cannot bring my mind away from it... What is it, why does it taunt me, why is it here, is it real...

I watched the shadow, honestly I call it such for no reason other than I have no other thing to call it, I watched the shadow disappear first 'round the corner then straight into the closet. Childish fears told me to leave the closet monster be, for if it is not after me why should I pursue that which strikes fear into the hearts of children and otherwise unwary adults alike. But still I was curious. Could it be that which so many say does not exist?
I followed it whenever I saw it and today I saw it trap itself in what was probably it's comforting darkness. Closets, they say are the portal into the realm of fears, from this one came creaks and thumps and unnatural sounds which in the dead of night seemed to be a person or thing lying in wait.
The handle seemed to beckon me; it glinted and shimmered its hypnotic glow. Calling me across the room from the warmth and dead of sleepless night.
I followed it. I grabbed it, and for a moment I felt cold sharp pain. I knew what lay beyond that knob would see me end. But I had to follow the shadow beast. I had to know its secrets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter download
Tracker Raven