Storytime... (KISS)

...the twisted little way I have of writing...

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Tid bit of my week and notes from class.

Tid bit of my week and notes from class. I must say, for being a Journalism professor and reported, the man is scarce with details and facts...

"Do you like to dance" He said. I didn't hear him. I really didn't care, I just heard the sweet music and couldn't stop moving. I danced, I moved, I felt the music swivel my hips and he watched me.
Chatter, The boys were all watching now, and I had not a care in the world. Too dark for those cameras to work.
I told them I charged for pictures and they all put their phones away. I danced and the boys started handing me bills. I stuffed them away and kept dancing. What did I care. I was clothed, I was having fun and the music was hypnotic.
It was late on a thursday night and the air was frigid, the storm was rolling into town as the carnival shut down for the night. Our only profitable day was now over and everyone was partying.
Party. The word didn't seem to fit better for anyone I knew anywhere. Fifteenth best party school on the list and even my college didn't compare to this. These were veterans, these were my people, these were carnies. And I was one of them, I danced.
It started with some simple boredom, they laughed and talked, smoked weed and teased the drunk chick. I had no part of any of it. So I found the radio, crawled into the corner, and I danced. The words flowed, and I sang to no one. Erica told me that she loved me and I kissed her briefly as I swayed by. She said she was starting a facebook fanclub for me and my dancing. I shruged. The boys had been out at the strip-club... They came back just in time to harass me. And to no avail. The only voice I heard was the one on the radio. The conversation soon surrounded me followed by the bodies and we danced. There was no booze, not anymore. I was sober all night, and I didn't smoke, I didn't need it. The party surrounded me. I had fun, I had attention, I had friends.
He asked me if I liked to dance. But there was only the sound of the music, I knew I didn't have to answer. We danced.

THE NEWS AND THE STORY:
1)collect info
Who
What
Where
When
To Whom

Problems with orientation
Bill Blackmore
Deans
Freshmen
What happened
Challenges and pitfalls
OL's

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter download
Tracker Raven