Storytime... (KISS)

...the twisted little way I have of writing...

Monday, January 29, 2007

Dear Friend;

Dear Friend;
I was thinking about it and realized how weird it must seem that I got you this. If it does seem weird to you, I'm sorry. You expressed an interest and need in having one and I am very grateful to you for being my friend and for helping me forget how crappy life can be. There are few people in my life I appreciate like I do you. You're one of my few true friends - for that I can't say thank you enough.

You know... I admire you. A guy like you who isn't afraid to actually live life and tell things like they are, who sometimes takes center stage and lives without regrets; a guy like you is so hard to come by, and forgive me for it but I often envy the people who get to make you laugh and smile, who make you happy and who get to spend time with you getting to know you better.

You've always been my friend - which is why I feel I can be this honest with you. I hope I make you happy from time to time. You deserve happiness. I love you for who you are; flaws and all, and you are such an interesting person that I often wish I could come home to you like this more often.

You're the kind of person who makes things fun and so little of my life can be described as fun... A lot of my favourite memories involve you - bonfire, wrestling, video games, late-night conversations, joy-rides ti name a few - The rest of my favourite memories – road-trips, star-gazing, midnight dancing under the pale moonlight - would have been better memories if you had been in them.

Since coming to college I’ve filled my life with studying and jobs and work that I hate and people I can barely tolerate, I haven't been able to enjoy anything or to have real friendships. When I come home to PA I realize this.

Moreover I realize you are the person I miss the most. You make me feel alive, you have never judged me, and you've been my friend when I needed a friend the most. For that I do what I can to say thank you. I just hope you don't think I'm weird for spending money on you.

Sincerely, Your Friend,
Shan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter download
Tracker Raven