Storytime... (KISS)

...the twisted little way I have of writing...

Monday, March 26, 2007

angry words: opinion's death

Sometimes I look at you standing there and wonder where I've been. Why is it I anger you and how I can reel my heart in.
I didn't mean to push you away; knowing neither did you. But my intentions are pure I love you to death and I'm not going to let anger be this love's cure.
When you tell me I'm nothing and you see me crying, and you leave me alone all night. I silently sober, lighting the pyre inside me, it's leaving char-marks and bullet size wounds.
I didn't sign on to be a maid. I didn't love you for these piles of junk. I want us to be happy again. And maybe, could we again be friends.
You told me my opinion mattered, you said I was right to question things. I look at your books and recite my feelings and you tell me I'm wrong, just plain wrong.
Why is I hide me from the light of your eyes, why is it you blind me with words. So simple, your mantra, keep quiet and still, only the necessary gets said.
Yet I'm so different, seeking you guidance, spouting opinions and dread. I want your words, I provoke your feelings, I want to know what you think.
And in doing this horror, speaking my mind, you recoil, you lash out, and you wound.
At least, now I know, what you think of me.


I look at you standing there and wonder where I've been.
Why is it I anger you; how can I reel my heart in?
I didn't mean to push you away; knowing neither did you.
This anger you bide with is no cure.
When you tell me I'm nothing and you see me crying,
When you leave me alone all night.
I silently sober, the pyre inside;
Leaving char-marks and bullet size wounds.
I want us to be happy again. And maybe, again be friends
You said opinion matters; you said to question was right.
I look at these things and tell my thoughts;
And you tell me I'm wrong, just plain wrong.
Why do I hide from the light of your eyes;
Why is it you blind me with words.
So simple, your mantra, keep quiet keep silent:
Only say what needs be said.
Yet I seek you guidance, spouting opinions and dread.
Provoking feelings, I want to know what you think.
And in doing this horror, speaking my mind, you recoil:
You lash out, and you wound.
At least, now I know, what you think of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter download
Tracker Raven